The Marlborough Junior Volleyball League will operate during Term 1, 2022 to cater specifically for Year’s 3 to 8 students. A requirement of Stadium 2000 is that ALL students participating over the age of 12 years 3 months are vaccinated and able to show their vaccination passport.
League details for Term 1 season are as follows:
Venue: Marlborough Lines Stadium 2000, Blenheim
Time: Fridays 4.00pm – 7.00pm.
Duration: Friday 25th February – Friday 8th April
1. The Spikers’ Competition will have grades based on the following Year Groups (subject to number of teams registering in each year):
Year 3/4 KiwiVolley Rotate
Year 5/6 KiwiVolley Rally
Year 7/8 KiwiVolley Spike
2. A Premier League will continue to run for the more senior players. This league is played 6-aside on a full-sized volleyball court, playing under normal volleyball rules with one exception - The two-hit rule. This league has been designed with year 7 & 8 players in mind as it helps them develop better ball and game skills as they head to college over the next year or two.
3. Teams will be placed in grades and the draw for week 1 will be emailed to all volleyball organisers by Tuesday 22nd February. The entire season’s draw will be circulated on Wednesday 2nd March, again by email.
4. Teams may be a combination of players from several classes.
5. Games will be a minimum of 30 minutes duration. Start times may vary as Games might be played later depending on what Covid Level/traffic light we are at.
6. 1 game per team per night unless a double-header is required due to an uneven no. of teams.
7. Assisting with duty (scoring) may be required.
8. Teams must have a Parent/Teacher supervisor court-side at every game. If for any
reason this person cannot attend please ensure that a ring-in is found.
9. The season runs as follows:
February: Friday 25th. March: Friday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th. April: Friday 1st and 8th.
This term we have the opportunity to enter teams into the Tasman Secondary Schools Div 2 Senior volleyball tournament. We are very fortunate to have a very experienced Volleyball coach who has offered to take on the role of coaching the team for this tournament.
The tournament is organised by Tasman Volleyball, and will be played at Saxton Stadium in Nelson on Friday the 18th of March.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to participate in a competitive volleyball competition against other schools in the region, and to continue to grow Volleyball as a sport at Richmond View. It is not restricted to senior students, and anyone from years 9-12 can trial for the team.
Important information for these tournaments:
If you have any questions, please come and talk to me after school, or send me an email.
Nāku noa, nā
Hi Teachers/ Sports Co-ordinators/ Parents,
Thank you for your patience – here is the draw for this Friday!
There are a few things to note:
As we are at Alert Level 2 we currently have a maximum limit of 100 people in the Stadium so only players and 1 coach per team will be allowed into the Arena.
NO SPECTATORS and the mezzanine floor is currently closed.
ENTRY: will be by the side door which is near the rear carpark and under the weightlifting gym and players will only be allowed in approx. 10 mins before their game so we can carry out cleaning between games. It would be great if they came in as a team! Please ensure the kids leave promptly after their game so we can get things ready for the next group
We do have our own QR code for coaches but we may contact trace the kids (tick them off our list) – this also helps with counting the kids in. Please bear with us while we get all this done. Sanitiser will be by the entry and exit doors
Exit will once again be out one of the emergency exit down by the outside basketball courts.
During the games:
There will be no switching of sides during the game.
Extra players/ coach – please stand at the ‘base line’ / serving line at the back of the court – this will help with social distancing.
Year 3/4 Games will run to time - 30 mins. All other games will either be played to time or 3 sets will be played.
IF toilets are required during the game – go out the double yellow doors.
Note: The Year Premier Grade Div2 currently have a Double Header – please check each week to see if it is your team! This week it is Fairhall Blasters.
Full Draws will be sent out early next week.
Mrs Wilson - Junior
Mr. Newton - Middle/ Senior
Click here to email the Sport Academy.