Term 1 Volleyball
Term 4 Junior Spikers Volleyball
Volleyball draw, 8th April
Volleyball draw 4/3/22
Volleyball draw 25th February
Year 3-4 volleyball information
The Marlborough Junior Volleyball League will operate during Term 1, 2022 to cater specifically for Year’s 3 to 8 students. A requirement of Stadium 2000 is that ALL students participating over the age of 12 years 3 months are vaccinated and able to show their vaccination passport.
League details for Term 1 season are as follows:
Venue: Marlborough Lines Stadium 2000, Blenheim
Time: Fridays 4.00pm – 7.00pm.
Duration: Friday 25th February – Friday 8th April
1. The Spikers’ Competition will have grades based on the following Year Groups (subject to number of teams registering in each year):
Year 3/4 KiwiVolley Rotate
Year 5/6 KiwiVolley Rally
Year 7/8 KiwiVolley Spike
2. A Premier League will continue to run for the more senior players. This league is played 6-aside on a full-sized volleyball court, playing under normal volleyball rules with one exception - The two-hit rule. This league has been designed with year 7 & 8 players in mind as it helps them develop better ball and game skills as they head to college over the next year or two.
3. Teams will be placed in grades and the draw for week 1 will be emailed to all volleyball organisers by Tuesday 22nd February. The entire season’s draw will be circulated on Wednesday 2nd March, again by email.
4. Teams may be a combination of players from several classes.
5. Games will be a minimum of 30 minutes duration. Start times may vary as Games might be played later depending on what Covid Level/traffic light we are at.
6. 1 game per team per night unless a double-header is required due to an uneven no. of teams.
7. Assisting with duty (scoring) may be required.
8. Teams must have a Parent/Teacher supervisor court-side at every game. If for any
reason this person cannot attend please ensure that a ring-in is found.
9. The season runs as follows:
February: Friday 25th. March: Friday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th. April: Friday 1st and 8th.
TSS Div 2 Volleyball Sign-up
This term we have the opportunity to enter teams into the Tasman Secondary Schools Div 2 Senior volleyball tournament. We are very fortunate to have a very experienced Volleyball coach who has offered to take on the role of coaching the team for this tournament.
The tournament is organised by Tasman Volleyball, and will be played at Saxton Stadium in Nelson on Friday the 18th of March.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to participate in a competitive volleyball competition against other schools in the region, and to continue to grow Volleyball as a sport at Richmond View. It is not restricted to senior students, and anyone from years 9-12 can trial for the team.
Important information for these tournaments:
If you have any questions, please come and talk to me after school, or send me an email.
Nāku noa, nā
Year 3-4 volleyball draw
Junior Volleyball Draw 05.11.21
Mrs Wilson - Junior
Mr. Newton - Middle/ Senior
Click here to email the Sport Academy.