Kia ora RVS Community,
You will no doubt be aware of the Prime Minister's address. We are at Level 2 from midnight tonight (Sunday). There is no need to panic and the risk at RVS is low. We will ensure all Level 2 guidelines are adhered to and that our students are both safe and on task.
It is preferable for parents not to enter the classrooms during Level 2 &3.
I will continue to update you with how the government's announcements effect us at RVS.
Below is information for Level 2 at RVS:
Alert Level 2 - All of New Zealand excluding Auckland region
Alert Level 2 applies from midnight tonight for 72 hours.
1. We are open to everyone, and all children must attend.
At Alert Level 2 the disease is contained but there is still risk of community transmission. It is safe for children and staff to attend school as there will be appropriate measures in place, including for children and staff vulnerable to severe illness.
2. Learning will be onsite with distance learning offered in some circumstances.
Distance learning should be provided for those required to self-isolate, only those individuals who health authorities have asked to stay away while waiting for a test result, or those choosing to remain at home because they are vulnerable to illness.
3. Schools are not classified as gatherings and a range of events and activities can go ahead.
For most day to day activities at schools, the rules for gatherings do not apply. Schools are exempted from physical distancing requirements when people are there to receive, provide, or support education services.
4. Schools will only close for cleaning and contact tracing if there is a confirmed case who was infectious when at school.
Your Director of Education will work closely with you and health authorities should this occur. Please contact your Ministry regional office if you hear of a confirmed case in your school community but haven’t been advised about it by health officials.
5. Face coverings are not required at school or on any school transport.
This includes charter buses hired by the school to transport students and staff. Anyone who chooses to wear a face covering in any setting should be supported to do so.
6. Sick people must stay at home.
They should seek medical advice if they have COVID-like symptoms and get tested if advised to do so. If that person displays relevant symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, they must self-isolate.
7. You must use the contact tracing system in place.
This includes the QR code posters at RVS's entrance, or signing in at the office.
8. Fundamental public health measures continue to apply at every alert level:
Look forward to seeing you all again tomorrow (Monday).
Thanks and God bless,
Proud Principal of Richmond View School.