We are a part of a community of 21 Schools and 6 Kindergartens across Marlborough called Piritahi. Below is some information about what the Blenheim Community of Learning is all about and where we are at currently.
- Our Community of Learning (CoL) was formed in January 2015
- The 21 schools collaborated and prepared a proposal focussing on three Achievement Challenges Focus Areas
1. To raise achievement of our students in Literacy & Numeracy with a specific focus on Maori, Pasifika and Boys.
2. To raise achievement for those capable students who are under-achieving.
3. Underpinning the achievement of the CoL targets is the recognition that the wellbeing of students is essential. An unhappy, unhealthy or absent child is less able to learn.
This CoL work is being driven from a Spirals of Inquiry Model basis which focusses on building and developing teacher practice to best impact on student learning outcomes.
Our Within and Across School Lead Teachers and Principals have all received Professional Learning and Development on this Inquiry model and all teachers within the CoL have had the opportunity to learn more and begin developing their knowledge and skills.
We are very clear on the biggest single factor that impacts on student learning and success is the quality of the teacher and the teaching.
Strengthening teacher capability and capacity is at the core of raising student achievement.
This work is underway in our schools right now and we are delighted with the positive impact and progress our lead teachers both Across and Within are making in their schools.
Proud Principal of Richmond View School.