This notice will come home in paper form tonight.
Dear Parents / Caregivers
God is good. There is so much happening around the school that is exciting at the moment. One of these developments is the fact that we will have over 126 students on the roll on the first day of Term 2 this year. When we reach 126 we officially receive funding from the government for our sixth teacher & our sixth classroom.
We wish to capitalise on this opportunity by creating a new class of students, beginning on the first day of Term 2. They will be housed very comfortably in the RVS Library until the completion of the new RVS classroom. The new class will be taught by Mrs Crossley and will be made up of all of the Year 4 & 5 boys, creating a new class and significantly lowering the numbers in Rooms 3 and 4 in the process. Room 3 will continue to be taught by Mrs Powell.
A few key points:
- The RVS Library will still be open at lunchtimes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Classes will still visit the library to get books out
- New furniture has been ordered for the library classroom
- The new class will remain involved with everything they have been previously, such as cross
grouping, school responsibilities, science days with Mr Elwood etc
- They will also join with Room 4 for PE and Room 3 for The Arts
- The RVS Music Academy and LEGs will continue but in a different area, over near the hall or in
We are excited about the fact Rooms 3 and 4 will reduce in number, and about the idea of having a class which will focus on learning that is specifically engaging for boys. Also considered in the decision to send these particular students was the keeping together of peer groups.
Building work on the new classroom will begin shortly and we are looking forward to a creative new space, I will keep you posted through the school website http://www.rvs.school.nz/future.html. I will also provide details on how 2017 classes will be laid out later in the year.
If you have any questions or concerns please call me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come and see me and I will be happy to talk through it with you.
Yours in Christ
Proud Principal of Richmond View School.