Hello Room 1 Students!
I am so excited it's almost time for you to come back to school! I'm looking forward to seeing old faces and also meeting those of you who are new to school. We are going to have a great year together.
Notes for parents and children:
- No toys at school*. Unfortunately because of toys sometimes getting lost or broken at school, they are to be left at home. *In saying this, if it is a "free choice" news week (see below) and they want to bring in a toy to share about, they can bring it on their news day and talk about it, but it must stay in their bag for the rest of the day.
- "Accidents" at school. Our little friends in Room 1 often have "accidents" where they don't make it to the toilet in time. Please put a spare change of clothes (underwear, pants and t-shirt) in a plastic bag in your child's bag. Even if you child hasn't had this problem at preschool, please do this as the changes to routine and structure can sometimes catch them off-guard.
- PE days. Wednesday and Thursday are our official class PE days. Please send your child to school in PE uniform with running shoes. Because we are a junior class, we do a lot of exercise everyday, so where possible send your child to school in running shoes everyday.
- Photo of your child for the birthday wall. We have a birthday wall where a baby photo of each child in class will be displayed. As soon as possible please bring in a baby photo of your child that is around A6 size (a quarter of A4) or slightly smaller that I can laminate and put on the wall. There are some up already for you to get an idea on Monday when you drop your child off.
- News roster and topics. Below is the News (oral language) structure for the term and the days you will be speaking. For news, the children will be speaking to the class about the topics shown below. It helps for you to talk with your child about what they are going to say and if they need to bring any props to school. In weeks where we have a public holiday (such as Week 1) students may share on a different day.
Have a wonderful remainder of your holiday and I will see you on Monday!